Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Blessed Woman

“A Blessed Woman”
 (Psalm 1)



1Blessed is the woman
    who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
    or sit in the seat of mockers.
2But her delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and on his law she meditates day and night.
3She is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
    Whatever she does prospers.

4Not so the wicked!
    They are like chaff
    that the wind blows away.
5Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked will perish.





As We Gather
As we gather may your spirit work within us
    As we gather may we glorify your name.
Knowing well that as our hearts begin to worship
    We’ll be blessed because we came.

Spirit Song (CH#384)
O let the Son of God enfold you
    with His Spirit and His love;
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.

O let Him have the things that hold you,
    and His spirit, like a dove,
Will descend upon your life and make you whole.

Jesus, O Jesus, come and fill your lambs.
Jesus, O Jesus, come and fill your lambs.

O come and sing this song with gladness
    as your hearts are filled with joy.
Lift your hands in sweet surrender to His name.

O give Him all your tears and sadness;
    give Him all your years of pain,
And you’ll enter into life in Jesus’ name.

Search Me O God (Psalm 139:23-24)
Search me, O God and know my heart.
    Try me and know my anxious thoughts.
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
    And lead me in the everlasting way.

I Am A Woman (CH#452)
I am a woman called to be a servant;
    Bound by the grace that Your love imparts.
Lord, make me humble, teach me to follow;
    Make me a woman of your heart.

I am a woman called to speak with wisdom;
    Shining a light that will lead to You.
Lord, give me courage to be Your witness;
    Make me a woman of Your truth.

I am a woman purchased by Your mercy;
    Bought by love that would spare no cost.
Lord, make me holy, loving You only;
    Make me a woman of your cross.



Scripture Study and Discussion: 
Psalm 1: A Blessed Woman
This text is taken from the NIV translation.  I have changed the words “man” and “he” to “woman” and “she” to personalize it for our study.  You could also change the words to “I” and “me”.

Praise, Prayers, and Time of Prayer
    Let’s take some time to share praises and prayer requests “…so that we may be mutually encouraged by one another’s faith.” (Romans 1:12).  Let us remember to pray for one another through the week.

More Precious Than Silver (CH#88)
Lord, you are more precious than silver.
    Lord, you are more costly than gold.
Lord, you are more beautiful than diamonds,
    And there’s nothing I desire than more of you.

Make Me A Servant (CH#669)
Make me a servant, humble and meek
    Lord, let me lift up those who are weak.
And may the prayer of my heart always be:
    Make me a servant, make me a servant,
    Make me a servant today.

The Lord My Rock (Psalm 19:14)
Let the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
    be acceptable in thy sight, O God.
Help me Lord to bridle my tongue
    and speak only words of grace.
And teach my lips to speak the language of love.

O Lord, my rock, my strength, my song
My king, and my redeemer.





 Questions for Discussion

1.    Who does the Lord watch over?









2.    What qualities does a righteous woman possess?










3.    What happens to the wicked?










4.    What does the Lord delight in?









5.    How can you be delightful to the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment