Saturday, January 1, 2011

Life By The Spirit

“Life by the Spirit”
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.  For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature.  They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.  The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.  I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Against such things there is no law.  Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.  Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.  Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

(Galatians 5:16-26)

Gathering Prayer
Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name.  Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.  And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.  Amen.
(Matthew 6:9-13)

Sharing
“…so that you and I may be mutually encouraged by one another’s faith.” 
(Romans 1:12)

Song:  As We Gather
As we gather may your spirit work within us
As we gather may we glorify your name.
Knowing well that as our hearts begin to worship
We’ll be blessed because we came.

Song:  Matthew 11
Come unto Me, all who are weak
Weary and heavy laden.
Gentle am I, humble in heart,
And you shall find rest for your soul.

All things are given unto those who believe,
Princes and lowly ones His blessings receive.
And just when I think that means everyone but me,
Jesus comes beckoning to me.

Enter the Holy gates just as you are;
No need for a happy face just come with your heart
And Jesus will bring us a joyful melody
If only His calling we heed.

We are his little ones, children of God.
Children and fellow heirs of His kingdom come.
And we share the greatest love the world has ever seen
Here in the Lord’s family.

Scripture Sharing and Study: Galatians 5:16-26

Song:  Speak, Lord
Speak Lord, I’m listenin’.  Plant your word down deep in me;
Speak Lord, I’m listenin’.  Please show me the way.

Sometimes my heart is slow to follow you; teach me to hear and understand.
And I’m told the things You promise, and I hope they all come true,
And I know what waits for those who wait and put their trust in You.

Sometimes I stumble on my way to you; Stretch out again your healing hand.
And I’m told the things You promise, and I hope they all come true,
And I know what waits for those who wait and put their trust in You.

Song:  I Will Change Your Name
I will change your name, you shall no longer be called:
Wounded, outcast, lonely, or afraid.

I will change your name, your new name shall be:
Confidence, joyfulness, overcoming one, faithfulness, friend of God,
One who seeks my face.

Song:  Prayer of St. Francis
Make me a channel of your peace. 
Where there is hatred, let me bring your love.
Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord.
And where there’s doubt, true faith in you.

Make me a channel of your peace. 
Where there’s despair in life, let me bring hope.
Where there is darkness, only light.
And where there’s sadness, ever joy.

Oh Master, grant that I may never seek
so much to be consoled as to console.
To be understood as to understand.
To be loved, as to love with all my soul.

Make me a channel of your peace.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
In giving of ourselves that we receive,
And in dying that we’re born to eternal life.

Song:  I Will Trust In You

When I can’t see you, I know you’re there,
When I can’t feel you, I will not fear,
I will trust in you and I will not be afraid.

And when the battle is close at hand,
You are with me to help me stand,
I will trust in you, and I will not be afraid.

I will not (I will not), be afraid (be afraid)
I will not (I will not), be afraid (be afraid)
I will trust in you, I will trust in you.

And when the darkness is closing in,
And I am running against the wind.
I will trust in you and I will not be afraid.

Cause when I’m standing upon that shore,
And the battles they’ve gone before,
I will trust in you and I will not be afraid.

Song:  I’m Gonna Sing

I’m gonna sing and I’m gonna dance,
and I’m gonna praise the Lord.
I’m gonna lift my hands up to the
one my soul adores.

Worship Jehovah, He is my song.
Worship Jehovah, all day long.
Worship Jehovah, He is my lord,
Worship Jehovah, forever and ever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment