Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Loving Woman

“A Loving Woman”

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:16


The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
    Psalm 103:8


“Because she loves me,” says the Lord, I will rescue her; I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name.  She will call upon me, and I will answer her; I will be with her in trouble.  I will deliver her and honor her.  With long life I will satisfy her and show her my salvation.”
Psalm 91:14-16





Other scripture references:










Biblical persons who showed love:
The woman with the alabaster jar of perfume (Luke 7)
Shine Jesus Shine
Lord, the light of your love is shining,
In the midst of the darkness shining;
Jesus, light of the world, shine upon us,
Set us free by the truth you now bring us;
Shine on me, shine on me.

Shine, Jesus, shine!
Fill this land with the Father’s glory;
Blaze, Spirit, blaze, set our hearts on fire!
Flow, River, flow!
Flood the nations with grace and mercy;
Send forth your word, Lord and let there be light!

Lord, I come to Your awesome presence,
From the shadows into Your radiance.
By the blood I may enter Your brightness.
Search me, try me, consume all my darkness;
Shine on me, shine on me.

As I gaze on Your kingly brightness,
So our faces displace Your likeness,
Ever changing from glory to glory,
Mirrored here may our lives tell Your story,
Shine on me, shine on me.

Lift Up Your Heads, Oh Zion
Lift up your heads, oh Zion! (repeat)
For the King of glory reigns over all.
He is loving, faithful and true,
He is reigning over you,
He shall wipe away every tear.

Hear O Israel  (Deuteronomy 6:4-5)
Hear O Israel, the Lord thy God is one Lord.
Thou shalt love the Lord our God with all of thy heart,
Thou shalt love the Lord our God with all of thy soul, Thou shalt love the Lord our God with all of thy mind,
Thou shalt love the Lord our God with all of thy strength.

Scripture Sharing and Discussion
In Psalm 91, the word “he” and “him” have been changed to “she” and “her” to personalize it for our study; it could also be changed to “you” and “your”.

Praise, Prayers, and Time of Prayer 
“…so that we may be mutually encouraged by one another’s faith.” (Romans 1:12). Let us remember to pray for one another over the week! 

The Lord Is My Light (Psalm 18:2-4, 27)
The Lord is my light, the Lord is my shield,
Praise the Lord for the love for the love He reveals,
Safe journey, shelter and home,
Safe in the Lord alone.

Hear O Lord, my cry to You, Turn not away, for You are my life; Turn not Your face from me.

Seek Your face, You said, O Lord.  My heart says to You: Your face Lord I seek; hide not your face from me.

Just one thing I ask You, Lord: To dwell in Your house, the days of my life, watching Your beauty, Lord.

Wait for the Lord, and let your heart be strong, wait for the Lord…

You Are Compassionate  (Psalm 103)
You are compassionate and gracious,
patient and abounding in love,
As far as the east is from the west,
You took the sins we were guilty of…
And you deal tenderly with us (repeat)

And higher than the heavens, So great is Your Love,Yes, higher than the heavens is Your Love. (repeat)  …for us.

The Servant Song
Sister, let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you. Pray that I might have the grace to let you be my servant too.

We are pilgrims on a journey, we are sisters on the road, We are here to help each other walk the mile and bear the load.

I will weep when you are weeping, when you laugh I’ll laugh with you.  I will share your joy and sorrow ‘til we see this journey through.

I will hold the Christ light for you in the nighttime of your fears. I will hold my hand out to you, speak the peace you long to hear.

When we sing to God in heaven, there will be such harmony—born of all we’ve known together of Christ’s love and agony.


Questions for Discussion

1.    What is love?







2.    What (who) are some biblical examples of love?







3.    Why does God love us so much?







4.    How (why) is the world’s image of love so different from God’s image?






5.    List three ways that you can show your love to (for) God.  Remember that we honor him when we love others who are difficult to love!

1.

   2.

   3.


******************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment