Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Patient Woman

“A Patient Woman”



“Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)


Other scripture references:






As We Gather
As we gather may your spirit work within us, As we gather may we glorify your name.

Knowing well that as our hearts begin to worship, We’ll be blessed because we came.

Here I Am To Worship
Light of the world, you stepped into the darkness,
Open my eyes, let me see.
Beauty that

Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that you’re my god.
You’re altogether lovely, altogether worthy,
Altogether wonderful to me.

And I’ll never know how much it cost to lay your life upon that cross, and I’ll never know how much it cost to lay your life upon that cross.


Scripture Sharing, and Discussion
These texts are taken from the NIV translation.  The words “man”, “brother”, and “he” have been changed to “woman”, “sister”, and “she” to personalize it for our study.  The words could also be changed to “I” and “me”.

Praise, Prayers, and Time of Prayer (Small Groups)
Let’s take some time to share “…so that we may be mutually encouraged by one another’s faith.” (Romans 1:12).  Let’s pray for one another through the week!

I Waited
I waited for the Lord on high, I waited and He heard my cry. (2x)


Shut De Do
Shut de do, keep out de debil, shut de do, keep de debil in de ni-e, shut de do, keep out de debil.  Light de candle, evryting is all right.  Light de candle, ev’ryting is alright.

Oh when I was a baby child (shut de do, keep out de debil)
My momma used to sing dis song (shut de do, keep de debil in de ni-e)
Oh, many toils and many trials (shut de do, keep out de debil)

I Am A Woman (CH#452)
I am a woman called to be a servant; Bound by the grace that Your love imparts. Lord, make me humble, teach me to follow; Make me a woman of your heart.

I am a woman called to speak with wisdom; Shining a light that will lead to You. Lord, give me courage to be Your witness; Make me a woman of Your truth.

I am a woman purchased by Your mercy; Bought by love that would spare no cost. Lord, make me holy, loving You only; Make me a woman of your cross.




Questions for Discussion

1.    What does it mean to be patient?








2.    What does scripture teach us about patience and being patient?








3.    Who are some biblical persons who showed patience?








4.    Who are some biblical persons who did not show patience?







5.    List three ways that you can be patient during times of trouble.

1.

   2.

   3.


******************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment